Saturday, November 1, 2008

Personal Goals

Upon further review of my first blog entry, I have concluded that was very much similar to many "firsts" in my life: unplanned, rushed, confusing, and when it was all over I was really disappointed with the outcome. However, I do have my first "serious" blog entry. These are the goals that I have set for myself to follow in this blog and hopefully get some input back from you, the reader.
Here I divide them into A-Short Term Goals (achievable in 18 months or less) and B-Long Term Goals (Longer than 18 months). Here they are for your viewing pleasure:

A. Short Term Goals:

  • Pay off all debt owed (roughly $5,000 as of 11/1/2008). Does not include student loans.
  • Build comfortable emergency fun of $5,000-$10,000.
  • Learn all I can about investing and begin very small DCA (Dollar Cost Averaging) investment plan in a very broad portfolio.
  • Build 3 websites from ground up as secondary income to supplement primary income.
  • Graduate from college with double major Spanish/French degree.
  • Begin grad school.
B. Long Term Goals:

  • Start my own business. (I have a bit of authority problem. Don't take orders well)
  • Build websites to sufficient level to support small business venture.
  • Increase activity in stock market. Begin retirement plans.
  • Create my own corporation of at least: 3 online business & 2 small business ventures.
  • Retire/Become multi-millionare by age 35.
So, there are my goals that I have so carefully thoughts out for myself. This, my friends, is what this blog is all about.

Until next time,

Cody

No comments: